With today’s increasing gas prices, you may have noticed more electric cars on the road and have been curious about the popularity of electric vehicles.
“EVs, including battery-electric and plug-in hybrids, accounted for 7.2% of the global car sales in the first half of 2021….Moreover, in the whole of 2021, EVs more than doubled, accounting for almost 9% of the global car market. Also, they more than tripled their market share compared to 2019. In fact, all the net growth in global car sales in 2021 came from EVs.”1
So, as electric car sales increase, the need for electric car charging stations also increases. While electric car owners can charge their vehicles at home, they will also be on the lookout when they’re on the road for a place where they are willing to wait while their car is charging. Why not invite potential customers to visit your business by offering electrical car charging stations?
What are the benefits of putting electric car charging stations at your business? Here are a few statistics about charging stations for you to mull over:
- As of Feb 2021, there were 97,600 charging outlets in the US. (Statista)
- The global EV market size is predicted to reach $1 trillion by 2026. (Statista)
- By 2050, the global demand for EV batteries is predicted to amount to 6,560 gigawatt-hours. (Statista)
For your business, by installing electric car charging stations at your establishment, you will be able to:
- Promote cleaner air in the area
- Lower the cost of driving in your community
- Increase property value
- Increase business and new customer base
If your business is considering putting in electrical car charging stations in your parking lot for your employees’ and customers’ use, Medford Wellington has a skilled team of electricians who can complete the installation of charging stations for you. Contact us either by calling 781-396-5279 or filling out the contact form on our website.
- Article on Electrical Car Market https://www.virta.global/global-electric-vehicle-market