No matter who you are, you’ve most likely called a professional HVAC technician for help a time or two in your life. HVAC techs are sometimes not given the credit they deserve as highly skilled tradesmen and women, and therefore the profession can be overlooked as a career option. However, the heating and cooling industry is one of the fastest growing professions in the nation, and tens of thousands of new jobs are expected to open up in the next decade. At Medford Wellington, we love and value our employees, and are always looking to add new ambitious individuals to our workforce. Because of that, we’ve outlined a handful of reasons how starting or continuing a career in HVAC can benefit hardworking men and women:
- The industry is growing: According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the demand for HVAC technicians is expected to grow 14 percent by 2024. This is twice as fast as the job growth expectancy for all other careers.
- Great pay: Many people think of HVAC as a blue-collar job with low wages, but the top ten percent of HVAC technicians are earning an average of almost $70,000, which of course varies from state-to-state to make up for the cost of living. HVAC technicians usually have great opportunities for overtime pay during the cold winters as well.
- You can learn as you go: While many careers require an expensive degree before you even set foot in the workforce, HVAC careers offer the benefit of being able to earn industry certifications as you go. Each certification you earn will make you a more valuable HVAC technician, making it a great way to climb the company ladder. This makes it a great opportunity for those who are looking for a late-in-life career change, or for young men and women who are looking to get into the workforce.
- Benefits: Depending which HVAC company you work for, you may have different benefits. But at Medford Wellington, we provide our employees with benefits such as: health/life/dental/vision insurance, competitive pay, bonuses, paid time off and holidays, disability, a comprehensive 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, company smartphone/tablet/laptop, company vehicle for technicians, in-house training, and apprenticeship programs. We treat our employees well because we are looking for the best of the best when it comes to work ethic, initiative, and teachability.
- There will always be a need for HVAC technicians: Like most industries, the heating and cooling profession changes from time to time, with new technologies coming out. However, at Medford Wellington, we keep up with the latest in HVAC tech and evolve our services to meet what our customers want and need. Unlike some careers that may become obsolete as the times change, most people will agree that there will always be a need for heating and cooling systems, especially in areas with extreme winters and hot summers, like we find here in the North East.
Are You Looking To Start On A Reliable Career Path?
We are always looking for hardworking individuals who are ready to learn about AC repair and installation, furnace repair and services, plumbing services, commercial and residential electrician services, sheet metal fabrication, and more. When you choose HVAC as a career, you are entering into a changing and growing field that has a great job growth projection for the following years. If you are interested in starting or continuing a career in heating and cooling, contact us today!